PODER (Positive Outcomes Delivered through Education and Respect) is a 21st Century Community Learning Center funded by the Illinois State Board of Education as a part of the No Child Left Behind Act.· PODER currently operates as an after school program that promotes academic and social enrichment to students in low-income Title 1 schools who are of the greatest need.
Why is “PODER” Important?
PODER operates in schools that are low-income Title 1 schools that have failed their AYP (Adequate yearly progress).· Not only do the children face academic and economic challenges, but most sites are also located in gang-infested neighborhoods.· These neighborhoods provide very few positive and structured opportunities for the students after school, leaving the students susceptible to gang-violence.
Enrolled- Goal: 290, Actual:· 40
30 Day Retention- Goal:· 232 Actual: 244
Increased at least one grade level- Goal:· 180 Actual:· 177
Funders: Illinois State Board of Education
For Our Potential Customers:
- Students must be enrolled at one of the five schools that PODER serves (Burbank Elementary, Columbia Explorers Academy, Corkery Elementary, Hedges Elementary, and Peck Elementary School)
- Students must be in 5th-8th grade
- Students’ parents must have filled out the enrollment application
- Students must have regular attendance
- Students must engage in the activities
Contact Andrew Meeks for Orientation Information· firstname.lastname@example.org